Cyber Security threats are in an ever upward trend. Global pandemic has increased cyber attacks exponentially. Right from Mobile Application Security to Network Pen Testing, our Cyber Security Testing Services covers all domains. With our cyber security services we assist organizations to bring next-level simplicity, security, reliability and automation to traditional networks and digital transformations.
Scanning internal and external devices for technical vulnerabilities is a key part of any information security program. It should be performed on a regular and periodic basis. Vulnerability scanning offers broad insight into your environment. It includes analyses, prevention, detection and correction controls in a single exercise. Panacea InfoSec utilizes various tools to perform these scans and identify how the weaknesses could negatively impact your overall security posture. We apply subject matter expertise to interpret the scan results and help you understand the business relevance of any real or theoretical impact.
Networks are the backbone of any modern organization. Network Penetration Testing is an activity that tests the strength of the cyber security backbone. This involves simulating an attack on your networks by experts with the help of software tools. Network Penetration Testing includes three methodologies which are Black Box, Gray Box, and White Box Penetration testing.
- Evaluate DoS attacks and DDoS attacks on the networks.
- Test the “Availability” of the networks for the Organization.
- Verify the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of network components and assets.
Web Application Security Testing is a critical component in a web security roster. Due to constant availability, they can be a tempting target. Compromised web apps are a means for attackers to access confidential data. Therefore, it is necessary to include security testing in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle. Testing methods include Manual Testing and Automated Testing. Usually, either one of the two is implemented. However, the combination of both offers the most thorough coverage. Moreover, both approaches are necessary at different levels of granularity.
Mobile Application Security Testing is a critical component in any security services roster. Mobile devices have proven useful for both personal and official purposes. Also, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies have facilitated mobile usage for corporate use as well. Furthermore, mobiles act as a data hub of sorts storing documents, messages, images etc. Mobile apps running on the devices have evolved with the devices themselves. They are now at par with enterprise level products. However, this facility comes with a caveat. Applications require access to user data, geo-location and device sensors. As a result, Mobile Applications bring with them lots of vulnerabilities and threats.
For your most critical applications a Pentest or Vulnerability Assessment might not provide reasonable assurance that your application is secure. A deeper assessment might be driven by compliance demands from the payment industry. Code Review must start from the beginning of the Secure Software Development Life Cycle. It should be continued till the UAT is signed off. Furthermore, Threat Modelling must be considered before the Secure Software Development Life Cycle. Code Review must start from the beginning of the Secure Software Development Life Cycle. It should be continued till the UAT is signed off. Furthermore, Threat Modelling must be considered before the Secure Software Development Life Cycle.
In the face of ever present cyber threats, businesses need a reliable partner to tackle the challenges head on. We bring a comprehensive portfolio of Security Testing Services which encompass multiple areas. From Mobile Application Security to Network Pen Testing, our Security Testing Services cover all domains. Partner with us and safeguard your code, applications, & networks against all eventualities.
Protecting your business through a set of cyber security requirements established by the PCI SSC & ISO/IEC Standards.
We assist assessing compliance with the Bahrain Data Protection Law and GDPR. Based on the outcome we offer recommendations and implementing them The work is conducted in following key stages.
1. Identify Business Scope and Objective: It is important for business to first understand objectives of the cyber security initiatives. Objectives could be purely internal to improve business resilience against cyber-attacks or could be to address regulatory/legal requirement such as PDPL (new Bahrain privacy law) or to demonstrate information security practice maturity by attaining ISO27001 or ISO27701 (privacy) standards or requirements.
2. Discovery & Gap Assessment: Discover business landscape, critical assets, processes and data. A gap assessment must be performed against discovered assets with respect to identified cyber security/privacy. Objectives must be conducted to gather high level view about current situation. This would mostly be conducted through interviews, discussion, documents and process reviews.
3. Technical Risk Assessment: Conducting configuration review, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and architecture review against discovered assets based on its criticality.
4. Implementation Plan: Based on the result of Gap Assessment and Technical Risk Assessment and Implementation, plans are drawn to achiece business objectives.
5. Implementation: Implementation might be split into multiple streams based on actual objectives. Typically, these may split into policy development, process improvement, technical remediation and new technology solution implementation-based risk score from highest to lowest. Privacy requirement such PDPL, GDPR implementation may run in parallel if these become part of the objectives.
6. Continuous Improvement & Maturity: ICyber security is continuous state, periodic review, audits and continuous improvement is key to establish a successful Cyber security practice. These may include annual or biannual internal audits, configuration review, vulnerability assessments, Pen Testing etc.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of logical, physical and procedural security requirements for organizations processing credit and debit card transactions. All organizations that store, transmit or process cardholder information need to comply with the standard. We provide PCI DSS compliance assessment service. Depending on the specific client requirements this can include Introductory awareness sessions; Gap Analysis; Remediation assistance at the mitigation stages; Compliance audits; Mapping processes to PCI DSS requirements; Compliance Report; Training, policy and strategy development/definition and Methodology.
An ISMS is a system of policies and procedures established to manage an organization’s sensitive data. The absence of an ISMS makes the organization vulnerable to cyber attacks and data leaks. As a result, this system is a critical component within an organization. The ISO 27001 standard provides best practices to develop an Information Security Management System (ISMS). Globally, there are more than 39,000 organizations holding ISO 27001 certification. Due to this, it is one of the most popular Information Security standards in the world. Benefits of ISO 27001 includes
1. Reduced costs due to unnecessary security layers;
2. ISO 27001 forms the foundation to meet the requirements of other cyber laws, and
3. The standard assures clients that you can protect your business assets.
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) standard provides best practices to counter disruptions. In other words, it provides steps to ensure business operations continue in the event of a disruption. Disruptions may be internal and/or external. For instance, external disruptions may be earthquakes. On the other hand, internal disruptions may be compromised employees. Staying compliant to BCMS brings a forward a list of advantages.
1. Firstly, it enables identification and remediation of any existing and potential business risks
2. Secondly, allows taking proactive steps to mitigate impact from events
3. Lastly, reduces downtime and streamlines recovery
The workflow for BCMS implementation involves multiple phases. Initiating with evaluation of your existing business continuity plans. Followed by revising your existing procedures and policies. Finally, outlining a priority-based remediation strategy. Our experienced consultants guide you through the entire workflow of achieving ISO 22301 certification. Understandably, every business faces its unique roadblocks. However, working with our veteran team can help you rest easy. Moreover, you can be sure to receive high quality solutions tailored to your needs.
We support you throughout the ISO 27001 certification process. Cultivated expertise makes implementing the 10 Clauses and 114 Controls an easy affair. Furthermore, our team guides you at each of the following steps:
1. Gap Assessment
2. Scope Assessment
3. Risk Assessment and Statement of Applicability – (SOA)
5. Mapping of Controls and Clauses
6. Awareness Sessions
8. Preparatory Audits
9. Preparation for Compliance Audits
Cyber Security threats are evolving at an exponential rate and becoming increasingly sophisticated. Countering such cyber security threats and managing critical assets is a constant struggle for most businesses. This is especially true as reliance on reactive strategies and lack of technical know-how still forms a major hurdle. Partner with us for a combination of pre-emptive and proactive approach.
Log Review and Events Correlation service is performed through SIEM tools. SIEM stands for Security Information and Event Management. An effective SIEM Managed Security Service empowers security teams. It brings insight into the system environment through logs, events and other data. Additionally, it combines actionable intelligence with analytical and triage capabilities. Each SIEM product comprises of a Correlation Engine, Event Analyser, and Management Console. First, the Correlation engine runs and aggregates the information based on the rules/policies by correlation. Following that, the Event analyser conducts analyses on the data and forms the output to the management console. The scaled-up form of the SIEM is the Security Operation Center (SOC) which integrates the SIEM, with a specialized team and processes for monitoring the network for security events.
File Integrity Review is also called as File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) Solutions. File Integrity Monitoring solutions manage the changes in the Operating Systems, files/folders, and access privileges the user has to the given files/folders. It prevents the privilege escalation and data compromise in the user’s desktops/Laptops and other systems. A typical FIM consists of FIM agent, Current state, and Baseline. It can work either in real time or Non-real time. The agent compares the current state of the files, folders or OS with the Baseline and then provides a lot of forensic data which is integrated with the Log Analyzer to provide meaningful data. There are varieties of FIM solutions in the market. A example of proprietary FIM could be by McAfee ePO FIM solution or Open source solution such as Tripwire.
Firewall Review is a critical activity. A Firewall is the first line of defense for any networked environment. It is the castle gate preventing unauthorized access to a private network. However, to be effective the firewall must be configured and managed correctly. Unfortunately, failing these requirements can render the firewall ineffectual. Thereby leaving the network vulnerable to attacks. Firewall Rules and Configuration Review are critical activities. Firstly, the review involves study of the organization network diagrams and business requirements. Following that, a comparison with best industry practices and firewall configuration standards. Consequently, the review will uncover deficiencies within the network. The deficiencies can include:
1. Gaps in rules and their granularity
2. Weak access controls
3. Deficient managed procedures
Our experts are well versed in Firewall Rule Review and Configuration Review. Due to this expertise, they can quickly identify inadequacies. Additionally, our team would also guide you through the remediation process. In conclusion, you will find that Panacea offers the complete suite of managed services for Firewall Review.
No business or system is completely immune to cyber security threats. While security tools are quite advanced, they have their own limitations. On the other hand, attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated. Cyber threats are using adaptive approaches to circumvent the limitations of the security tools. This makes the likelihood of a cyber-attack on any business an eventuality. Once a security event occurs, time is of the essence. As a result, rapid response to the breach is necessary. During the response, all evidence must be duly recorded. Finally, a post-mortem examination is to be conducted. The examination investigates the root cause and suggests remediation for the event.
Our team brings a deep understanding of cyber security and experience with handling security events. We help you prepare for an attack through adopting a proactive approach. This involves a multi-step process.
1. Analysing and improving the current security strategy,
2. Adopting best practices for rapid response to events, and
3. Guiding you on the methods to eradicate or contain threats and mitigate their effects
Finally, we provide the industry best practices for evidence collection, root cause analysis and recovery. Through our suite of services, we ensure your business stays resilient and prepared against any attacks.
Malware is an umbrella term for malicious programs like viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, spyware, etc. Analysis is the process of studying malware, its behaviors and its impact on a system. More importantly, the focus is on the malware purpose and functionality based on malware samples. The process of Malware analysis reveals key insights. For example, it reveals points of compromise. Additionally, it identifies potential indicators of compromise in case of future attacks. Consequently, such intelligence is crucial for developing effective malware removal techniques and tools. Malware Analysis is a multi-stage process as listed below:
1. Fully Automated Analysis
2. Static Properties Analysis
3. Interactive Behavior Analysis
4. Manual Code Reversing
Our cyber security experts have vast experience in working with Malware Analysis tools. Moreover, they bring a thorough understanding of malware analysis best practices. In other words, we are best positioned to safeguard your business against advanced attacks from multiple vectors.
As your cyber security consultant we perform a variety of roles. From playing the attacker and the defender, we assess weaknesses and figuring out how to strengthen systems to prevent any form of exploitation.
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) is also called as Financial Services Modernization Act. This Act underlines two major requirements from companies offering financial services. Firstly, explain their information sharing policies to users. Secondly, safeguard their customers’ data. Consequently, this is the most significant cybersecurity regulation mandated for the financial industries. GLBA needs to be obtained by financial institutions. Under the GLBA, any Non-public Personal Information (NPI) needs to be protected. For instance, Names, contact details, SSN, bank account details, income details, and credit histories are NPI.
HIPAA is a standard, mandatory for all Healthcare systems that process, transmit and store PHI (Protected Health Information) data in electronic or paper form.
HIPAA Security Compliance applies to two types of entities. These are, HIPAA Covered Entities and Business Associates to HIPAA Covered Entities. Instances of HIPAA Covered Entities are: Hospitals, Pharmacies, Health Insurance Companies, Health Care Clearinghouse, etc. Similarly, Business Associates to HIPAA Covered Entities: Legal firms, Actuarial Firms, Accounting Firms etc. HIPAA Consulting includes appraising Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of PHI handled by HIPAA entities. In other words, assessment of potential risks and vulnerabilities to protected information. The following phases are included within HIPAA Regulatory Security Assessments.
1. On-site Assessment – Inspection of the state of your administrative, physical, and technical security policies, plans, procedures, systems, and networks.
2. Internal & External Vulnerability Assessment – Identifies technical weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
3. Gap Analysis – Identifies difference between your current implementation and Security Rule provisions. Used for planning of any remediation efforts and proof of due-diligence.
Remediation – Documents reasonable and appropriate recommendations to achieve full compliance
SOX Consulting Service ensures your compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Specifically, this Act mandates the integrity of Financial Results disclosed by Companies. It calls for the severe penalties both civil and criminal for the CXO’s who defraud and disregard the accuracy and completeness of the company financial system. In SOX, two sections are relevant which are 404 (c) and 404 (d) which calls for the Segregation of Duties. We assist your organization in abiding SOX Act by:
1. Auditing and Reviewing your Financial Systems.
2. Preparing Documentations.
3. Collecting Evidence.
4. Preparing for the Third-Party SOX Compliance Audits.
SWIFT is the acronym for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications. They provide a platform allowing financial institutions to exchange transaction details in a secure and standardized manner. However, in the wake of breaches in financial institutions over the past few years, the society has taken center stage. The rise in the number of SWIFT Audits are a consequence of this. Financial institutions within the SWIFT network are responsible for their internal security. However, SWIFT does lend its support in the fight against cyber-attacks. In doing so, they have introduced 16 mandatory and 11 optional security controls. These controls are applicable to all its customers. Customers are required to meet the controls and share their results with counterparts and regulators. Finally, the attestation of the controls is performed. This can be accomplished via self-assessment, internal audit or through a qualified third party/auditor.
Our partner team of expert auditors experienced with the nuances of SWIFT controls. We have proven our technical expertise on different projects and received referrals because of it. Furthermore, we can tailor the approach based on your unique environment and requirements. Engaging our SWIFT Audit services can ensure that your transactions stay compliant and secure.
SSAE 18 stands for Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements no. 18. This audit supersedes the previous SSAE 16 audit. SSAE is an auditing standard for how service organizations report on compliance controls. Furthermore, there are three SSAE audits, namely, SOC1, SOC2 and SOC3. Each SOC serves a specific purpose.
1. SOC1 is applicable to Financial Systems in the Organization.
2. SOC2 is applicable to Security Controls of the Organization.
3. SOC3 is for Cyber trust and System trust, intended mainly for the security of web-based applications in the Organizations.
Additionally, SSAE 18 comprises of two forms of audits. Firstly, Type 1 audits are intended for the first SSAE certification. Secondly, Type 2 audits measure the maturity in SOC controls. Our partner companies are accredited for conducting SSAE 18 audits. Therefore, we can best suited to guide you through the following steps:
1. Migrating from SSAE 16 to SSAE 18.
3. Preparedness audits.
4. Conducting SSAE 18 audits.
5. Migrating from 16 to 18 attestation controls is essential. Our experts will support you with your client requirements for SSAE 18 audits certifications. Additionally, we also assist you in preparing “Statement of Assertion” document. Above all, we will support you from RFP preparation till the maintenance of the SSAE 18 standards.
Bahrain Opening Hours
|Saturday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Monday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
Saudi Arabia Opening Hours
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|